YouTube is the second largest search engine on the internet. With over 1 billion videos uploaded, it is undeniably the prime source of entertainment, knowledge, and music. And we always would like to keep this source with us – offline. Wouldn’t we? Downloading YouTube videos for offline usage is one of the biggest necessity amongst both the desktop and smartphone users.
For desktop users, there are many resources available online that will let you download Youtube video easily. And not just download but even convert them to mp3 and other formats. It’s easy on a desktop. But, what about Smartphones? What can be the easiest way?As you might be knowing according to
You won’t find any apps on the Play Store that will let you download Youtube videos. In fact, the Youtube API doesn’t allow downloading Youtube video because of the YouTube Terms of Service. As mentioned in the section 5B of YouTube TOS. There’s no way to do it through the API.
Some people say that it’s illegal. No. It’s just not allowed. But, if you use a video in public for profits or other means without the consent of the video maker then you can be sued for copyright infringement. Also, according to CFA(Computer Fraud and Abuse) Act, in the US, a breach of a website’s terms of service is a Federal crime. But, that’s only in the US.
However, programmers have found the backdoor to achieve the task. In the past years, we have seen apps like Tubemate and Snaptube that have helped us download Youtube videos from our android smartphones. But, now there’s a new contender which according to me lets you download videos as fast as possible and easily.
Well, the contender is not new, it’s been around for quite a while. It’s already being used by 20 million users worldwide. I am talking about Videoder. A well-designed app that is lightweight and performs well. And, the best of all it contains no Ads. Let’s explore this app and find out how you can easily download Youtube videos from it.
Downloading Youtube Videos
Videoder is developed in such a way that you can use it as a YouTube Alternative. However, there’s no account login option so you can’t subscribe to channels or read comments. Albeit, you can easily download videos from it. All you have to do is share the video to the Videoder app, choose the video quality and the download will start. Tubemate does the same thing but you don’t get that elegance and performance as Videoder offers.
- Download Videoder from their website ONLY. There are fake apps out there on the web. They might harm your device and steal your data.
- Open the YouTube video on your Android smartphone. And, share it with the Videoder App.
- The Videoder App will open up and it will show you the various formats in which you can download. If you choose for the MP3 then the app will download an audio plugin that will convert the video to MP3.
The quality of video depends on the original video on YouTube. App won’t give the HD download option every time.
Some Cool Features
There are some interesting features that I’d like to point out.
- For every video, there’s a quick download option that lets you download the video at the very moment.
- Downloading full playlists of videos is as easy as cake. Quick options available at the top, plus selecting a specific format for a video makes it just so practical.
- It’s got a built-in web browser through which you can download video from other websites. It will first check if it can download the video if it can then it will pop up the options to download it.
Now, let’s compare it with Tubemate.
Videoder Vs. Tubemate
- App Design: Well, no doubt in that, Videoder has the best design for sure. Tubemate hasn’t updated the design for a long time. And, I still don’t see the implementation of the material design.
- Ease of use: Videoder and Tubemate both seem to have a great ease of use.
- Updates: Tubemate surely lacks active development. Videoder team seems to be more dedicated towards the app.
- Ads: Ads are a huge problem with Tubemate. Videoder has no Ads and works mostly on donations.
What do you think about the App?
So, tell us what do you think about the app. According to me, Videoder provides great ease of use and is the easiest way to download YouTube videos on Android. Do you know any other app that can beat Videoder in terms of ease of use? Well, do let us know in the comments.