Facebook-owned WhatsApp messenger is the most widely used instant messaging application around the world. Since its acquisition by Facebook, a lot of features have been added to the WhatsApp application including support for voice and video calls, WhatsApp for business, WhatsApp status and more.
One among the recently trending features in messaging applications is stickers and WhatsApp users have been finally waiting to get the feature on the WhatsApp messenger app for iOS and Android.
Well, with the recent WhatsApp app update for Android and iOS, stickers have been officially added to the messenger application and users can start using the stickers feature within their WhatsApp messenger app once they update to the latest version of the application.
If you are interested in knowing how to get WhatsApp stickers on Android and how to use WhatsApp stickers on Android, then today we are here with a detailed article on the same.
What are WhatsApp Stickers?
WhatsApp stickers are exactly the same sticker feature that can be seen on most other instant messaging applications of recent times.
WhatsApp stickers work just like emojis within the application and allow WhatsApp users to express emotions within their texts and also make text messages more lively and fun.
There are different packs of WhatsApp stickers available and each pack represents a certain character, theme, or emotion. There is a variety of WhatsApp sticker packs that users can download and use within their WhatsApp messages.
Also, seeing the huge popularity that WhatsApp stickers have received since being announced, WhatsApp has also announced support for third-party developers to create and add their stickers to the WhatsApp sticker collection.
WhatsApp users will also be able to download the third-party WhatsApp sticker collection just like they would download the stock WhatsApp sticker collection.
How to Get WhatsApp Stickers on Android?
If you have an Android device and is interested in downloading and using WhatsApp stickers, then just follow the steps listed below to do the same.
1. First of all, head to the Google Play Store and update the WhatsApp application installed on your device to the latest version. You can directly visit the official WhatsApp messenger Google Play Store page by clicking here.
2. After updating the WhatsApp application installed on your device, launch the WhatsApp messenger app and then open any chat in which you wish to send WhatsApp stickers.
3. Launch the emojis section by clicking the icon in the left side of the message text box beside the “Type a message” option.
4. When the emojis list opens up, besides the option to switch to GIF images, you will see a “Stickers” section. Click on this “Stickers” option.
5. From the list of WhatsApp sticker packs displayed, pick a sticker pack and download the same.
6. Once the download is complete, a green-colored check mark will appear on the pack.
7. Now, go back and find the stickers from the sticker pack that you wish to send to the contact.
8. Your selected sticker from the sticker pack will now be sent to the contact.
You can repeat these steps to send various stickers from the same sticker pack and also choose to download and send stickers from the various stock and third-party sticker packs that are available.
I Am Not Able to Access WhatsApp Stickers Even After Updating App, What to Do?
Many Android users have complained that even after updating the WhatsApp application on their device to the latest version, they are unable to find any option to access WhatsApp stickers.
When asked about the same, the WhatsApp team stated that even though the WhatsApp stickers feature is rolled out with the latest WhatsApp app update for Android, WhatsApp stickers themselves are rolling out slowly to all users.
So, WhatsApp recommends that you update the WhatsApp application on your device to the latest version in the Google Play Store and the WhatsApp stickers feature will be enabled on your device pretty soon.
How to Update, Delete and Reorder Sticker Packs in WhatsApp?
Users with access to WhatsApp stickers feature can choose to update WhatsApp stickers that they have already downloaded, as WhatsApp sticker packs often feature regular updates that add more WhatsApp stickers to the same pack.
WhatsApp sticker packs that are downloaded can also be rearranged to access the most preferred WhatsApp sticker packs faster. Users can also choose to completely delete WhatsApp sticker packs as well.
If you wish to update, reorder or delete WhatsApp sticker packs, then follow the steps below:
1. First of all, launch your WhatsApp application and click on the “Emojis” button.
2. Within the Emojis section, switch to the “Stickers” tab.
3. Within the “My Stickers” section, you will be able to find all the sticker packs that you have downloaded.
4. If you wish to update WhatsApp sticker packs that you have already downloaded, then click on the “Update” button.
5. To reorder WhatsApp sticker packs as per your preference, tap and drag on the “Reorder” button which is a button with four parallel horizontal lines.
6. Instead, if you wish to delete any WhatsApp sticker packs, then select the WhatsApp sticker pack that you wish to delete and click on the “Delete” button, which should be a garbage bin icon, next to the particular sticker pack.
We hope you found this article helpful as we have included all important information related to WhatsApp stickers in the above article.
So, are you a fan of WhatsApp stickers? If yes, mention your favorite WhatsApp sticker pack as a comment below.
Also Read: 4 Ways to Use Whatsapp on your PC