With roughly over 800 million active monthly users that share over 250 million posts every day, Instagram seems to conquer the marketing world as publishers can easily reach a targeted audience through relevant posts and photos. According to this article from Gramblast, Instagram can boost your business in many ways. So, is Instagram the perfect platform for marketing?
Why is Instagram great for marketing?
How about some stats to show you how vital Instagram is in terms of marketing.
71% of US businesses use Instagram
In the 2016-2018 period, the percentage of Businesses using Instagram increased from 48% to 71%, which is a massive peak and a sign of how important this social media website/app is.
70% of hashtags are branded
Hashtags are one of the elements that got Instagram to the top, as they became a symbol of this platform, and if you thought that celebrities and brands use hashtags randomly, think again as they are selected after extensive research to make brands noticeable amongst millions of posts every day.
59% of 18-29-Year-Olds Use Instagram
What a coincidence, 18-29-year-olds, who form the most significant portion of the society and the one that’s the most consuming, use 59% of them use Instagram on a daily basis!
80% of Instagram users follow at least one business
This stat proves that businesses and brands are indeed relevant on Instagram and people support them there.
Instagram Ads increased by 28% in the second half of 2017
As business are migrating from other platforms to Instagram, it’s just natural to see such increase in Instagram ads. If you’re not using them yet, it’s time to consider this option.
80% of influencers use Instagram as a branding platform
You may have heard about Instagram influencer, who are famous people on this platform who publish their own content along with advertisement posts in which they feature different products from different brands. Using Instagram influencers can increase your conversion rate as they already have a targeted followers base that trusts them and who are ready to follow every step they make. Selena Gomez is one of the top Instagram influencers, but you may need some calculations before contacting her marketing manager as she can ask for up to $550,000 per featured picture. Other significant social media influencers include:
- Danielle Bernstein
- Chiara Ferragni
- Wendy Nguyen
- Aimee Song
65% of the top featured Instagram photos contain products advertisement
Which showcases how much effect product advertisement has.
How can you use Instagram as a marketing medium?
According to this article from Gramblast, there are many tips to make your marketing venture on Instagram as converting as possible. These tips include:
- Setting up a unique profile that represents your ideas and services
- Engaging with your followers and treating them like actual people, not mere customers
- Reach out to people through Hashtags, ads, and influencers
- Run some giveaways, competitions, and challenges to encourage your followers to engage with you
- Create relevant content that would encourage your followers to share your posts and therefore do all the heavy lifting and market your brand for you
- Share your followers content that features your products, that way you can build a healthy relationship with them
- Share product teasers that would presell and make people striving to buy them
- Use Instagram stories, and do it effectively. That can be done by sharing discounts and special offers on them.
- Create appealing calls to action
- Analyze your audience and post your featured pictures in the right time for them
- Follow the latest trends and give your followers what they need according to the season
- Create a creative hashtag to represent your brand
- And most importantly, engage with your followers. You’re trying to establish a targeted audience that trusts your advice and products, so make sure to answer their queries, questions and help them find solutions for problems related to your brand.
Social media is revolutionizing how advertisement works, and as a picture tells a thousand words, Instagram is conquering this industry and will reach the top for sure. If you’re not using Instagram for marketing purposes yet, it’s time to consider this option if you don’t want to miss the party. Do you have any other tips that I haven’t shared above? Share your experience with us in the comments.