The Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser was neither the best nor the most recommended web browser out there. Over all these years, the Microsoft Internet Explorer came to have a tag of a slow, sluggish and unresponsive web browser. The tag didn’t go away even after all updates Microsoft pushed on to the web browser. With the Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft almost rebuilt their web browser from scratch and gave it a new name. Thus launching the browser we know as Microsoft Edge web browser.
Even though the Microsoft Edge browser features a fresh new look and some awesome features when compared to the Internet Explorer, some Microsoft Edge users have reported that the Edge browser for Microsoft falls short in terms of security and performance. If you are one among those Microsoft Edge browser users, and in case you too feel like the Edge browser is not lacking enough security and performance as per your liking, then we are here today with some ways to optimize Microsoft Edge browser for maximum security and performance.
Optimize Microsoft Edge browser for Maximum Security and Performance:
#Improve Privacy and Safety of Microsoft Edge Browser:
If you are in search for ways to improve the privacy and safety of Microsoft Edge browser installed on your Windows machine, then below is how to do achieve the same.
1 . Remove Saved Passwords on Microsoft Edge Browser:
- To remove saved passwords from your Microsoft Edge browser, first of all, launch the Microsoft Edge browser app from your Windows machine.
- Now, to the top right corner of the browser window, you can see the “More” option, as depicted by the image below. Click on the same, and then click on the “Settings” option.
- Within Settings, find the “Advanced Settings” option and click on the same.
- From Advanced Settings, scroll down until you find the “Manage my Saved Passwords” option and click on the same.
- Now you will be able to see a list of stored passwords on Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the “x” icon next to the passwords you wish to delete from the browser feed.
And from the next time onward, the Edge browser will not store those passwords automatically.
2. Disable Tracking Features on Microsoft Edge Browser:
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click on the “More” button placed to the top right corner of the Edge window.
- Click on “Settings” and then choose “Advanced Settings”.
- Turn OFF the “Send Do Not Track Requests” option.
And now, the Microsoft Edge browser will not track your browser activities.
3. Browse using InPrivate Windows in Microsoft Edge Browser:
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows powered device.
- Click on the “More” button that is available at the top right-most corner of your Edge browser window.
- Now, click on the “New InPrivate Window” option.
And now, all your browser activities are made private. No history, cache or any data will be stored by the Edge browser.
#Improve Performance of Microsoft Edge Browser:
If you are interested in improving the performance and speed, then you have to optimize Microsoft Edge browser. So here are some ways to do so.
1. Customize About: Flags Settings on Microsoft Edge Browser:
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser and in the Address bar type in “about: flags“.
- This will provide you with some developer-kind settings that are normally hidden from users.
- In the settings list, you will be able to customize several Developer settings as well as experimental features that may give you a more optimized experience of the Microsoft Edge browser and can also help improve the performance of the browser.
2. Delete Stored Cookies, Cache and Saved Website Files on Microsoft Edge Browser:
- Double-click and launch the Edge browser and click on the “More” option that is present at the top right corner of the browser.
- Now choose “Settings” and then under “Clear Browsing Data”, click on the “Choose what to Clear” button.
- From the list that appears, select the “Cookies and Saved Website Data” and the “Cached Data and Files” options and then click on the “Clear” button.
Now all the cache files, cookies and other information saved about different websites on your Microsoft Edge browser will be cleared.
3. Remove Pop-Up Windows and other Glitches from Microsoft Edge browser using Command Prompt:
- Press the Windows key + X key on your keyboard from anywhere on your desktop.
- From the menu that appears on your display, select the “Command Prompt(Admin)” option.
- In the Command Prompt window that appears, type the command <SFC/Scannow>, without the “<>” braces and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, your Windows system will be scanned for any potential errors, bugs or other glitches that maybe causing the unnecessary pop-ups or any other similar glitches on your Microsoft Edge browser.
Do you found our little guide on the best ways to optimize Microsoft Edge browser useful? If yes then do share this guide with your friends to help them get better along with the all-new Microsoft Edge browser.