So I have been playing Pokemon Go from last two weeks like any other players all over the globe. As someone who loves to play games, I was excited about the new concept of the Pokemon Go. It was a breath of fresh air. But all my excitement was down the drain as the reality hits me. There are many obstacles (pfft..excuses)which prevent me from playing the game all day long. So I decided to dig again and found a method which I missed before. So now it’s time to play Pokemon Go Joystick!
What we need is an app called “Fly GPS” from Google Play store to enable a joystick in the Pokemon Go. Many users complained that it’s not working anymore but I still decided to give it a try. I used the app in last few couple of days for hours and it’s still working for me. So I decided to shout out my experience and address the issues which I faced. Do note that you need Marshmallow android version on your device to use the app. There is no need for rooting required for it.
Oh, I forgot about the new tracking system update of the game. It was easy before to play Pokemon go without moving, using Pokevision.com. But since many old Pokemon tracking sources are down,
I also added a working Pokemon tracking app down below,which goes hand in hand with Fly Gps.
How To Play Pokemon Go JoyStick On Android ( No Rooting Required )
- Download the “Fly Gps” from Playstore.
- Go to the device Settings>Developer Options. If you can’t see it in the Settings,then it’s locked. You can unlock it by tapping on Build Number few times. You can see the detailed steps here.
- Now you have to enable mock locations. Look for the Select mock location app and select Fly GPS from the list.
- Turn on the device Gps and open the “Fly Gps” app.
- Tap on your desired location on the map. Do not select locations outside of your city,You will get banned.
- Tap the Please select the menu over the red marker.
- A menu will pop up. Tap on GPS Service Run & then tap Joystick Location Mode -(Pokemon). This will enable the joystick.
- Now it’s time to play Pokemon Go Joystick. Open the game & You can see a Joystick on the screen. You can now move around the map with the joystick. No wall can stop you!
Things To Look Out For:
At first, I struggled a little bit in using the joystick along with other few things. I kept experimenting different things & here is a fruit of all my labor,just to play Pokemon go joystick.
- Make sure that game compass is properly aligned like shown in the above image. Otherwise, your character will move in a different direction than what you intended.
- The joystick location can be changed. You can drag it to anywhere on the screen.
- Sometimes while changing the joystick position, the joystick will be closed. When that happens, just follow the steps from “5 to 7” from above guide.
- I will say it again, Do not select locations outside of your city. The game will ban you for few hours,which means you can’t catch Pokemon & Pokeshop won’t give any goodies. But if you still want to use another city as a location,follow the road. Yes I know, It’s stupid and time-consuming,but it’s the only way.
- Another solution is a little bit trickier and I won’t guarantee that it will work,but here it is. Play the game and let the server know your location. Wait for few hours,same as the actual time you need to travel to your desired location/another city. Select the location after it and start the game.
- The easiest method I found to hatch eggs is to follow the road. If you keep walking through buildings just to reach a location faster, the distance will not be counted for eggs.
- Restart the game time to time. When you keep move to different locations, the nearby Pokemon will be bugged. It will show you the Pokemon that you didn’t catch from your earlier locations. It will also help when the required km to hatch an egg is not decreasing.
Q. I can’t select the app in the Mock location. There is an only option to enable mock location.
A. The trick only works in Android Marshmallow. Any other versions of Android are not supported.
Q. The game is showing me an error “Failed To Detect Location.”
A. The error occurs due to various reasons. There are few ways to solve it,but it’s not a guaranteed solution. Try out few things below.
- Use a better Internet connection. If the connection is slow,you will get this error.
- Turn on the Gps & go to Settings > Location Services and set it in “High Accuracy” mode.
- Make sure your device is supported by Google and have all needed google apps like play store, maps , services etc.
- Update the Google Maps & other Google Services apps. The Fly GPS relies on these google apps.
- Alternate Method : First,open the game & then enable the mock location and select Fly Gps. If you still encounter the error,download the ” Fake GPS Go” app which I mentioned in my previous Pokemon Go article. Keep the both game and Fly Gps open & go back to Mock location. Select the Fake Gps & open the app. Now again select the map location & tap on set location button twice. [ Again check the previous article to see the details, the link is attached at the start of this article]
- Now the error will be gone and it’s time to reverse the process. Go back to mock location & select Fly Gps again. You can now close the Fake GPS go app. This will only work if your device does not force closes game during the whole process. You can also open Fake Gps Go app first & Fly Gps app later in the above process.
Q. Can I change the Joystick’s position?
A. Tap & hold near the outer circle of the joystick. You can then drag & drop it across the screen.
Q. I now can’t play the game normally,it is showing a blue screen.
A. Disable the mock location & restart the game.
Hope it will solve the errors for you ,if it occurs.
Be Smart at Catching Pokemon With Smart Poke 2 :
[Update : The app has been removed from the play store, along with another tracking apps. ]
So It makes me wonder about what happened to Smart Poke 1, but let’s not go there. Smart Poke 2 is a Pokemon tracking app which is available in play store for free. It has many features to track Pokemon which comes very handy. For example, notifying when a rare Pokemon is nearby,background Pokemon scanning even while the app is closed,filtering Pokemon etc. The app is not perfect and has its share of bugs,but it does do what it’s made for. There may be other alternatives, but I found this app perfect for the time being. So what you need to do is:
- Download the app ” Smart Poke 2 ” from the Play Store.
- Create a Pokemon Trainer Club Account. You will ned it to use the app.
- Open the Smart Poke 2 app and login with your Pokemon Trainer Club Id.
- Once it’s done, go to Settings from the menu button at the top.
- Turn on the AutoRefresh & Show Notification if it’s off.
- Set the Refresh Delay as you like. It is to set the time interval between each Pokemon scans.
- Now close the app since it can scan in the background.
- Open the Pokemon Go. Move around a little bit and you can see the notification from Smart Poke 2 about nearby Pokemon.
- Tap on notification and it will show you the exact location of Pokemon on the map.
Switching between the apps will close the game and app many times, so it’s best to keep the Smart poke 2 close. While trying the app, I noticed that if the app is opened while playing the game,it will not show the nearby Pokemon when I travel from my initial location. I had to close both apps and open it again to see more Pokemon locations.
It is because Smart Poke 2 can’t detect the changing location due to “Fly GPS”. But if it’s closed,the app will work just fine and will detect the Pokemon as you move. So just tap on the notification when the Pokemon you want is nearby and keep the Smart Poke 2 closed. The app may not work if the Pokemon Trainer Club website is down.
You can turn off the notification from the settings or it will become really annoying receiving notifications even when you not playing the game. The app may not work if the Pokemon Trainer Club website is down.
With all said and done,it’s time to play Pokemon go joystick. I hope it helps everyone to hunt down all the surviving Pokemon on the earth. If you know any other great methods,feel free to leave it in a comment!