Unlocker is a small and free software which shows all the processes holding and locking the file. This little article is about how to use “Unlocker” to solve “Access is denied” error. Generally file cannot be modified in newer Windows versions if user do not possesses the administrative rights. But even if user is administrator,sometimes windows give error “Access is denied” when modifying files or folders. The problem can be solved by changing properties of the file but that doesn’t always work.
Unlocker is a quick solution for solving the permission errors. Unlocker is easy to use and do not require any technical knowledge. Install the software from here, it is free. The installation will add a new option to mouse right-click menu. Right click on a file or folder and there will be new option – Unlocker.
A new window will popup showing the all processes locking the file. Unlocker provides three options : Unlock single process, Kill process and unlock all processes.
There are some other functions in bottom drop-down menu. Process can be Copy ,Move, Rename or Delete. These are the functions available by Unlocker software.
This software can be used to solve following errors:
- Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
Source : http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/
We’ve also shared other tools that may help you solve such common windows errors.